Next live performance -
- Traditional Ceilidh - Dashing White Sergeant
- Traditional Ceilidh - Flying Scotsman
- Traditional Ceilidh - Gay Gordons
- Traditional Ceilidh - Canadian Barn Dance
- Traditional Ceilidh - Britannia Two-step
- Traditional Ceilidh - Circassian Circle
Did you know once you book this band you can customise your playlist!
“……….I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and your band for last night. You were fantastic, we couldn’t have asked for better. You got everyone up dancing and it was amazing sight to see so many International students and staff in national dress, dancing to your music and having such a good time. A lot of people told me how much they had enjoyed your band and said you did a fabulous job calling and with great humour. Thanks again, it was a pleasure to have you ceilidh band for our event"
"Scotland’s Universities Welcome the World” International Burns Supper, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, January 2017
“……….A big thanks from all of us for your great work on Thursday evening. Everyone I spoke to had a great time and look forward to the next ceilidh. Once again, a huge thanks!
The Chieftain, Caledonian Society of Oman – September 2016
“…….You did a sterling job and we are very grateful. Keep doing what you do as it’s fantastic. Look forward to working with you again.
The Engagement Partnership, May 2016
“……….Just wanted to say thanks again to you and the band. Really made the night and chaotic as the dancing was, everyone loved it. We definitely made the right choice!
Matt & Charlotte, August 2015
Add an accordion player to any of the elite bands to turn that band into a ceilidh band! This allows up to 1 hour of live ceilidh on an evening. We have a range of excellent accordion players we work with however our most regularly used player is Scotland Leslie. He is fantastic and like all our players, he will teach and call all the dances to ensure everyone has a great experience with the ceilidh session of the night!
Solo Accordion Q&A
- How long do they play for? – The ceilidh normally lasts around 1 hour
- What time would you they arrive to set up? – The accordionist would arrive to set-up at the same time as the wedding band.
- Will they learn a piece of music if requested? – Yes, if you supply the name of the tune or provide the sheet music at least one month prior to the function date, the accordionist will learn it to play the tune during the ceilidh
- Can we choose what dances they play? - See the attached list of dances, if your favourite dance is not there they will do their best to learn it for the ceilidh
- Can we hear the accordionist live before our wedding/event? - You can hear the accordionist by coming to one of our showcase gigs and say hi! It’s always good to meet brides, grooms and clients before the event.
- Do they give dance instructions? – Yes, the accordionist can call all the dances.
- Do they have their your own PA? – Yes but normally the accordionist will plug into the bands PA system.
- Do the wedding bands join in the ceilidh? – Almost all the bands will join the accordionist for the ceilidh set.